One positive case of coronavirus (Covid-19) has been identified at Bryant Middle School. The exposure occurred on 1/28/22.
I want to thank staff and students for following social distancing measures and adhering to all other guidelines, like wearing masks at all times and social distancing as much as possible. I want to also remind all staff and students that we need to respect everyone’s privacy at all times. Your safety and privacy are important to us. Again, we thank all of you for adhering to all guidelines.
The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly from person to person, through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Spread is more likely when people are less than six feet from each other for at least 15 minutes. A person who is a close contact of someone who is infected with COVID-19 may experience COVID-19 symptoms typically within two to fourteen days after a person is exposed.
The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar in children and adults. Symptoms can include: Fever (>100.4oF), cough, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, runny or stuffy nose, loss of taste or smell, abdominal pain.
There are many things that can be done to keep our schools, homes, and communities “COVID-19 free” and protect ourselves and loved ones:
- Children and adults should stay home when ill.
- Washing hands often with soap and running warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If a hand washing station is not available, use hand sanitizer properly. Gels, rubs, and hand wipes must contain at least 60% alcohol. Dispose of wipes in the trash after use.
- Practice Good Respiratory Etiquette (cover a cough with elbow versus hand).
- Follow guidance for wearing a face covering and social distancing.
If you have questions, please contact Wayne County Health Department at 734-727-7078.
Additional information can be found on the CDC website.