The purpose of this organization is to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, to develop character, and to encourage good citizenship in the students of secondary schools.
Requirements for NJHS membership, which includes qualities of: scholarship, service, leadership, citizenship and character:
- SCHOLARSHIP: Cummulative G.P.A. of 3.7 g.p.a or higher, with no grade lower than a B.
- LEADERSHIP, CITIZENSHIP AND CHARACTER:
- No suspensions from their 6th grade and 7th grade
- Teacher recommendations
- Evidence of Leadership experiences
- Ten hours of Community Service
- Evidence of School and Community activities
Next year’s seventh and eighth grade students will be eligible for the 2017-18 school year (current sixth and seventh grade students). Please direct any questions to Mrs. Bailey.