HAPPY 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
We are excited to have students back in our classrooms and hallways filling them with energy and enthusiasm for learning. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know that a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education.
Middle school children go through tremendous changes physically, socially and emotionally. They are most successful in a structured and challenging environment. Although they seek independence, they need the adults in their lives to support them and provide this clear and consistent structure. There are multiple ways you can support your child through these exciting times:
- Register and regularly check Parent Connect
- Sign up your child’s teacher classroom blog and the Bryant School Blog
- Make sure that your child completes their homework every night and reads for 20 minutes five nights/week
- Monitor your child’s activities and friends
- Take your child’s cell phone and/or internet device from them at bedtime
- Get involved in the Bryant School community: join the PTSA, volunteer at the school, etc.
SCHOOL HOURS (8:00 a.m. – 2:55 p.m.)
- Full Day: First bell at 7:50 a.m. Tardy bell is 8:00 a.m. School ends at 2:55 p.m.
- Late Start Day: First bell at 8:50 a.m. Tardy bell is 9:00 a.m. School ends at 2:55 p.m.
- Half Day: First bell at 7:50 a.m. Tardy bell is 8:00 a.m. School ends at 11:05 a.m.
Schedules can be picked up at the school on Thursday, August 23rd, according to a students grade for the coming school year. Please, time your arrival to the grade schedule listed below. You will not be allowed to enter any earlier. All students and parents are to enter the building through the front doors (Vernon Street entrance).
There will be four stations set up and each station will be set up alphabetically. Each station will require the following documents:
- All fines, fees, lost book charges and rental books must be turned in before you receive your schedule.
- All 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade students must have an emergency card available and must be completely filled out and signed by a parent. Please note that if you have moved anytime during the summer, please update your address with the school office for what documents are necessary for your residency.
- All incoming 6th-grade students and all new incoming 7th and 8th-grade students must turn in their green health appraisals. Please be advised, Athletic physicals also known as sports physicals are different than the health appraisal and those physicals should be turned in to the appropriate coach.
August 23 Schedule pick-up based on first initial of last name:
7th Grade (A-J) 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. (K-Z) 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
8th Grade (A-J) 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. (K-Z) 11:30 -12:30 p.m.
6th Grade (A-J) 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. (K-Z) 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- The first day of school is Monday, August 27. Students will be dismissed at 11:05 a.m.
- There will be no school August 31 – September 3
- Open House is scheduled on Wednesday, September 12 from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- September 14 will be a half day. Students will be dismissed at 11:05 a.m.
- Picture Day is scheduled for Tuesday, September 18.
- September 19 will be our first late start. Students will begin school at 8:50 a.m.
Please continue to check out the Bryant website for more information about upcoming school events: http://bryant.dearbornschools.org/ or by clicking here.