As we worked through the schedule this week, I have decided to make a few minor adjustments that I feel are best for our students. Most of the changes do not pertain to all students, so please read carefully so as not to miss anything that may impact your child.
The following changes will take place on Monday, September 14th:
- 6th, 7th & 8th grade Advisory classes will be held prior to lunch. Students will not need to return to their virtual Advisory classroom after they have eaten lunch.
- 6th grade A-Day electives will take place during the afternoon on each A-Day. Though this is an asynchronous learning time for all Bryant students, I want 6th graders to participate in both electives as frequently as possible. Teachers will schedule Zoom lessons with students and teach their content at that time (2:15 pm). 6th graders will no longer have asynchronous learning for their elective classes. Teachers will be taking attendance during the afternoon synchronous learning classes.
- 7th and 8th grade Band/Orchestra/PE classes (these classes are linked together) will be held synchronously even if the class is scheduled for afternoon asynchronous learning times.
- A-Day: Mr. Garrison is teaching 7th grade Band (1st hour) and 8th grade Band (3rd hour); this class is taught synchronously. At the same time, Mr. Quine is teaching 7th grade PE class (1st hour) and Ms. Friedman is teaching 8th grade PE class (3rd hour) synchronously. These classes will continue to be taught as scheduled.
- B-Day: Mr. Garrison is teaching 7th grade Orchestra (1st hour) and 8th grade Orchestra (3rd hour); asynchronously in the afternoon. At the same time, Mr. Quine is teaching 7th grade PE class (1st hour) and Ms. Friedman is teaching 8th grade PE class (3rd hour) asynchronously in the afternoon. All of these classes will continue to be taught in the afternoon, but they will now be held synchronously. Attendance will be taken by the teachers. Mr. Quine, Ms. Friedman and Mr. Garrison will establish a schedule and communicate the times of their classes with students.
Here are the new remote learning schedules (and VLP schedules) that we are using:
Again, these updates are taking place to best provide enrichment experiences for our students. Thank you for your support and understanding.
Mr. Denison, Principal