By now many of you have heard that our community has met the health criteria set by the Dearborn Board of Education and we can start our plan to bring students back to in-person learning through a phased in approach. A new schedule for students has been created and will be shared with parents next week. This schedule starts for all students on Monday, March 1, 2021.
We have worked very hard to develop a plan that will allow us to safely resume a hybrid model of face to face learning. When we start to bring students back, you will notice that we have added signage and other safety measures to our school, stockpiled PPE’s, and enhanced cleaning procedures. Also, by the time students start coming back for instruction, all staff members who have chosen to receive the COVID-19 vaccine will have had the opportunity to get at least their first dose.
The District plan is a phased in approach that will allow us to work through the process slowly and cautiously to ensure the safety of our students and staff. Of course, each school will face their own unique challenges and we will be working with our staff, students, and parents to make sure the transition goes as smoothly as possible.
To reduce the number of students in the building and each classroom, we have split students into two groups (Blue & Gray Groups). This hybrid schedule has been created to increase the amount of time students receive face to face instruction while maintaining smaller class sizes. All schools in the Dearborn High School Feeder Track have adopted this framework to accommodate families on all three levels (elementary, middle and high school). Attendance will be taken each day whether your child is learning face to face or remotely.
- Students assigned to the Blue Group have addresses that end with an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, 8). Those students will come to school on Monday and Thursday. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday students will attend class remotely through Zoom. On days that your child is coming to school, students will be allowed to enter the building at 8:40 a.m. They will be given breakfast on their way to their Advisory class. Instruction starts at 8:50 a.m. and ends at 1:30 p.m. Virtual learning labs will be available for students as scheduled by teachers.
- Students assigned to the Gray Group have addresses that end with an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9). Those students will come to school on Tuesday and Friday. On Monday, Wednesday and Thursday students will attend class remotely through Zoom. On days that your child is coming to school, students will be allowed to enter the building at 8:40 a.m. They will be given breakfast on their way to their Advisory class. Instruction starts at 8:50 a.m. and ends at 1:30 p.m. Virtual learning labs will be available for students as scheduled by teachers.
Please see the timeline below that shows when your child’s grade level will be coming back to school.
- 6th Grade Phase-in = Week of March 1st
- 7th Grade Phase-in = Week of March 8th
- 8th Grade Phase-in = Week of March 15th
If your child is transported to school by bus, the Dearborn Schools Transportation Department will be sending notice to each family regarding bus stop location and time for pick up.
Moving to this next phase is exciting news and we look forward to seeing your children in our classrooms. We also know that for some it may bring about uneasy feelings or even concern. Please know that all of us here at Bryant Middle School are working to create the very best learning experience for your child while maintaining the safety of all students and staff.
Be safe and continue to Mask UP!