The Dearborn Police Department takes your children’s safety seriously and so must you. To help reduce congestion and provide a safer environment keep these points in mind when dropping off or picking up your children:
- The bus stop is for buses only.
- Walk children to school when possible.
- Drop off/pick up children a short distance away from school when possible. This alleviated traffic congestion around schools.
- Once your child is out of the car and safely on the sidewalk, vacate the area to make room for other parents to drop off their children.
- Be mindful of school staff and crossing guards. They are there for your child’s safety.
- Be a “Good Neighbor” by being mindful of residents who live near school zone.